- Current page
Building construction opens up a new vista
19th September 2018
Re-development work at the club is now on the home straight with steady progress being made. Contractors are busy on both levels of the clubrooms, inside and outside, and tracking towards completion.
“We have a lot of people playing a part in this exciting project to bring it to finality and they are putting in a lot of time,” said building committee chairman Mark Scheib.
Recent and current developments are …
- A new ranchslider, with double glazing to reduce noise, has been installed at the northern end of the building. “The best design was settled on and we’ve created a new vista from within the clubrooms,” said Mark.
- The interior of the main lounge is seeing a flurry of activity by plasterers and painters as they apply the finishing touches. Acoustic panelling on the ceiling will follow at a later date as this is budget dependent.
- Carpet is expected to be laid mid-October in the upstairs lounge and foyer, the Flying Herons Room, the club office, the downstairs entry way and the stairwell.
- The Flying Herons Room has large, newly-constructed doors to provide a better connection from the lounge area. The painters are applying a final coat of paint to the walls.
- A new deck connection is yet to be constructed. It will connect the main deck to the original patrol deck and completion is expected end-October. “A huge amount of work on this has been carried out by Dean Pouwhare of DHL Steel. He’s an absolute asset and a great help,” said Mark Scheib.
Two new ranchsliders will open up onto these decks.
- On the exterior, fibre cement weatherboard has been applied to the northern end of the clubrooms. New spouting is also in place along the front of the building.
- The main entry way (downstairs) has had a lower ceiling installed and some very appealing soffit lighting is now in place.
- A new concrete pad leading from the gear shed beneath the Flying Herons Room was poured at the end of August.
A grand re-opening of the clubrooms is planned for Saturday 17th November.
The building exterior with the pre-cast concrete wings in place.
New fibre cement weatherboard on the northern wall of the clubrooms.
The upper foyer with painting under way.
The roof extension with new spouting in place.
The downstairs entry with a whole new look.
The new concrete pad leading from the gear storage room.